THURSDAY - JUNE 21, 2012
5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
at the UAW Region 9 Hall
35 George Karl Blvd., Williamsville, NY 14221
This training is for elected leaders, staff, stewards AND ACTIVIST MEMBERSHIP
5:00 pm - Registration and Food
5:30 pm - PROGRAM
- Overview of Labor's 2012 Political Program
- Messaging - How to talk to union members
- Member Mobilization and Building Activism in the Local
- BREAK -
- Field Components: Targeting, labor walks, phones, flyers, letters,
working with allies, etc.
- Social Media - How to maximize its use with the Labor Movement.
- Federal Electioin Law - Do's & Don'ts
Amy Dejardins from the NYS AFL-CIO & David Carpio
from the National AFL-CIO will be conducting the training.
Please RSVP and reserve your spot today, by calling the
Western New York Area Labor Federation at (716) 852-0375.