In support of our union
brothers & sisters in the UAW
December 5, 2008
GM Powertrain Plant
2995 River Road
Town of Tonawanda
Hon. Brian Higgins
Bring your union banners and wear your union colors proudly!
Your children may depend on those jobs that we protect & save today!
The UAW is fighting for our lives. It is imperative that all sectors of our community participate. A Rally in support of organized Labor is being held on Friday December 5, 2008. It will be held at the GM Powertrain plant at 2995 River Road in the Town of Tonawanda at 3:00pm. Featured guest speakers will be our State and Local politicians. Please join us in support of our fellow union brothers and sisters across WNY by attending. Carry your Union's banner to show your support. We appoligize for the short notice but appreciate your support in the spirit of Organized Labor.
Educate the public as to how the Auto Industry impacts every facet of the economy in Western New York.
U.S. AUTO INDUSTRY FACTS
* 732,800 employees in the U.S. Industry
* 740,000 employees in the U.S. brand dealerships
* 775,000 retirees and surviving spouses
* 2 million recipients of health care benefits
* $156 billion in purchase of parts, materials,
and services in all 50 states.
* $12 billion in research and development in 2007
* 105 assembly and component plants in 20 states
Bob Coleman, Chairman
UAW Local 774 * 716 879-5725
Sal Morana, President
Local UAW 774 * 716 873-4715 Ext 12
Jim Shaw, Emp. Asst. Coord.
Local 774 * 716 879-5516
Tim Klipfel, Joint Activities Rep.
Local 774 * 716 923-5965